Freight Carrier Sales
Can you take the heat? RPM burns on intense action, high volume and fast targets. Our expectations are high, yours must be even higher. If you would be willing to challenge Michael Jordan to a game of one-on-one and believe you would win or take a 100-mph fastball from Justin Verlander and actually get a hit, we want to talk to you. Only adrenaline junky candidates driven by an absolute smoking desire to succeed need apply.
RPM is passionate about changing the lives of our customers, team, and communities. We are deeply committed, motivated, and engaged in what happens beyond our walls. We want to impact our customers, carriers, and surrounding relationships in a meaningful way – ultimately improving lives and creating wealth, so that anyone impacted by RPM can in turn give back to what matters most to them.
THE 10X TASKS AT HAND:
- Extensive understanding of standard and refrigerated freight negotiations
- Extensive knowledge and background working with freight & refrigerated transporters across the U.S.
- Knowledge of freight & refrigerated transporters; equipment and geographic coverage area - what carriers to use...when, where and why.
- Work directly with customer department to arrange shipments, schedule, and resolve service issues.
- Tracking and updating transit status of all freight related issues.
- Tender load information into freight transportation management software (TMS).
- Retrieval of supporting load documentation (Proof of Deliveries - POD's)
- 1-3 years of Temperature Controlled Freight experience
- Extensive knowledge of logistics and transportation
- Learn to subscribe to the 10X philosophy; that is the RPM way!
- Set targets 10X higher than eXpected.
- Be willing to fight like Connor McGreggor with high kick call volume and take down leads.
- Be eXtremely proactive.
- Must possess an eXceptional organizational skill set.
- Chase passion, handle adversity, encompass a winning mentality.
- Thrive on action and hard work.
- Can work full-time M-F 7:30-5:30, but willing to work outside normal business hours to ensure 10X success.
- We want a difference maker that lives by the 10X rule.
- Base salary, plus a 10X competitive commission structure
- Benefits: BCBS (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k up to 5% Employer match
- LA Fitness membership at a discounted rate
- Financial Advisor at a discounted rate
RPM Core Philosophies:
- Recruit the Best: We only seek out the top candidates for our open positions. We seek those willing to advance their career, and are willing to work in a high-volume growth environment.
- Work Harder Than Anybody Else: We work hard and refuse to overlook the small details. Occasionally we put in long nights, and sometimes, we come in on weekends. That’s what working in a growth environment often entails.
- Do Things the Right Way: Honesty, Integrity, and No Excuses! We do things right, all the time. It’s our commitment to our customers, our carriers, and our employees.
RPM has GRIT!
- 2014-2017 Inc. Magazine’s Top 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America
- 2017 Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces
- 2014, 2016 & 2017 Crain’s Detroit Business “Cool Places to Work in Michigan”
- 2017 Detroit Free Press Top Places to Work
- Entrepreneur Magazine’s 360 Award:
- 2014 Our Chief Executive Officer was honored as a Crain’s 40 Under 40
- 2017 Our Co-Founders were honored the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
With our specialization in the Transportation Brokerage & Supply Chain Solutions space we continue to rapidly scale our operation around the needs of companies of all industries spanning North America.
At the core of RPM is our tremendous capacity to manage all transportation needs across the entire spectrum of any supply chain. Our Freight, Vehicle, and Bulk divisions are driven via advanced proprietary technology and managed by our unyielding customer and carrier facing teams.
With an unwavering commitment to getting the job done for both our clients and transportation partners, our “relationship first” belief system that is instilled at all levels of the RPM team brings honesty and integrity to every bid, shipment, and relationship we enter. This way of doing business continues to inspire and motivate the RPM team and is recognized by our customers & carriers, and has become a driving force behind our rapid growth and success.
You will be an integral part of the company's future, and if you have the drive and determination to work hard and succeed at the pace our company is currently moving at, you will be rewarded with a great career and the opportunity for incredible success.